Monday, December 6, 2010

November Pattern

At our November workshop we started a pattern entitled Piano Keys. They don't look anything like piano keys to me, but I have seen the term used many times. If anybody is having any problems finishing this quilt, please let know.

I sent everybody home with "homework" for January. Since I neglected to make copies I'll recap what you are to do. On the back side of the light colored 10" squares draw a line corner to corner creating an X. Place light & dark fabrics right sides Also, you should have 2 pieces of fabric 9 1/2" x WOF. From these cut 16pcs - 4 1/2" x 9 1/2". And your homework is finished. Bring everything with you in January.

I was also asked to give a list of scrap sizes that we most frequently use for anybody who wants to cut scraps.

For the Brown Bags the pieces are 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" (you need at least 96 for a small quilt)
For H blocks you need 2 pcs 3 1/2"x 9 1/2" and 1 pc 3 1/2" sq. of same fabric; also 2 3 1/2" sq of WOW, white, cream, etc.

I also save strips 1 1/2", novelty fabric blocks both 6" & 6 1/2". I save others too but these are the most frequently used for making scrap quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment